Choose GlobalTech® for recycling NiMH Battery.
GlobalTech® Environmental is known as a global leader in battery and electronics recycling -- and for good reason! We handle the batteries that the world relies on to power the devices and machines that enable them to develop new technologies, explore the furthest reaches of space and stay in touch with those things that are important to them. The sheer number of these batteries can quickly overcome landfills and cause harmful leaching into the surrounding soil and groundwater. GlobalTech® Environmental is a powerful ally with businesses across the United States, and world, who want to stop the wasteful cycle of improper disposal and, instead, recycle NiMH batteries.
HOW TO STORE NIMH BATTERY WASTE
To properly store the NiMH battery scrap, in most cases, a Universal Waste label should be affixed to the outside of the package.
How To Ship NiMH Batteries
When preparing your NiMH bulk battery scrap for shipping keep the following things in mind:
- NiMH Batteries; Non Hazardous: Nickel metal batteries are not considered to be a hazardous material if shipped in any manner(e.g. Train, Truck, OTR), except via a vessel (boat).
- NiMH Batteries; Hazardous (UN 3496): Nickel metal batteries are considered to be a hazardous material if shipped via a vessel (boat). Overseas shipments of NiMH batteries are considered Hazardous and must be approved by the countries origin of NiMH battery waste and the receiving country of said NiMH battery waste.
- Taping and/or Preventing the Touching of Terminals: There is no need to tape the NiMH battery terminals as long as they are 9v and under. Alternate methods can be used besides tape to prevent the battery terminals from touching.
- Small Boxes: Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries for recycling can be put into smaller boxes as long as the box is manageable, is sufficiently strong enough, and does not exceed 65 lbs.
- Large Gaylord Boxes: These boxes can be used as an alternate option for shipping Recycled NiMH batteries to us, but please limit the weight to under 4000 lbs.
- Strap, and/or wrap gaylord boxes that are bowing outward because of the outward pressure of the weight of these batteries. Charges may be applied for spilt batteries and/or damaged boxes and pallets.
- Stronger gaylord boxes, 5-ply or greater, should be used to withstand the weight and pressures of all batteries sent to GlobalTech® for Recycling.
- Strong Pallets: Put heavier gaylord boxes or containers on pallets strong enough to handle the carried load. Charges may be applied for spilt batteries and/or damaged boxes and pallets.
The GlobalTech® Environmental Difference
Whether your business has a cache of rechargeable NiMH batteries or these nickel metal hydride batteries must be disposed of after only one use, partner with GlobalTech® Environmental and recycle NiMH batteries in a responsible and profitable manner. GlobalTech® Environmental offers you the best prices in the industry for your spent material. This is delivered by our friendly, knowledgeable and courteous customer service staff.